First Blog :)

Dear Hoover Community,

This is my first blog 🙂  I will continue to look for ways to engage our staff, students, and community members as we create amazing changes and increased levels of “Real Time” supports for our students.

As you know, I worked with many of our amazing planning teams this summer as we prepared for an incredible year. I look forward to continuing this dialogue and reading your feedback as we continue to make Hoover a world class school– where ALL students succeed!!!

While I know that 2nd order change is difficult for any organization, everyone has been doing an amazing job at providing feedback so we can continue to refine our student support services. Please keep the wonderful ideas flowing. We will also be working hard to connect teachers with each other to share some of the amazing work that is going on.

I have also posted a Survey Monkey web link ‘’week 6 check in survey” to get feedback and continue to refine our process for student success. It consists of only 3 questions and will help guide our thinking. I will also be using these to monitor student perceptions as we continue through the year.  Thanks in advance for your time.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Hoover_High_6_week_check_in_2010

As you know, this year will be filled with a great deal of excitement as we continue to celebrate our 80th Anniversary at Hoover High. We have such an amazing school with an incredible rich history. This school year, we are incredibly pleased to bring back the Cardinal Spirit with our mission of “Building a Culture of Success” at Hoover High. Our 80th celebration activities will extend throughout the school year. On October 9, 2010, we had our homecoming game against our historic rival — San Diego High School. On October 10, 2010, we also hosted a grand celebration for all alumni at the Hall of Champions in Balboa Park. This was an amazing event with inductions into our Hall of Fame, celebrity guest appearances, a silent auction, and a wonderful dinner with friends from the past. Please see picture from the game and dinner… http://www.sandi.net/788320719172837533/blank/browse.asp?a=383&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&c=72093&7883Nav=|&NodeID=4602

One thought on “First Blog :)

1. Chuck –

Forgot to mention this on the surveymonkey form, but something that is becoming an issue is the transferring of students mid-year into other courses due to athletics. They come in having missed the first month or two of instruction, and are then often stuck behind the rest of the class in terms of skills. Any way to address this?